Jacqueline McClure, Genesis Background Screening Services
Is it Too Early to Be Thinking About 2018 Resolutions?
Almost every company goal depends on your workforce being up to the task. Do you have the talent and leadership you need to get your company to the next level? Do you think you can’t encourage your employees’ leadership development if they don’t already have a management or supervisory title? No matter what their current position is, helping them expand their skills and become better leaders is in your best interest. Hoping they will rise to the occasion when needed without a development plan is not realistic. If you want to promote from within to keep knowledgeable talent in-house and encourage loyalty, you will need to have foresight and consistent commitment to turn that into a workable system.
Here are some things you can do in your organization to develop your employees’ ability to help you grow your business:
- Become aware of your own strengths and weaknesses as a leader. Find out how you come across to others and what you can do to improve your communication to get better results. Be an example of how you would want your employees to lead.
- Share the information your employees need to know so they can see more of the big picture that will allow them to be strategic with you. Their understanding of how what they do affects the whole company can be very motivating for them and profitable for you.
- Delegate important projects to employees that you think have the ability to rise to the task so they have the opportunity to learn something new. Employees get bored with routine tasks and can feel stuck when they never get any challenging or rewarding work to do.
- Take the time to evaluate employees so that they can be assigned to teams that have members that complement each other’s skills and talents.
- Listen to employees’ ideas. They are often experts in their own area and have the ability to challenge the “we have always done it this way” attitude and can suggest some innovative solutions.
- Overall, your goal should be to develop your employees to the point where you are no longer needed to direct every activity. That’s when you can move on to strategic thinking and planning the future of your company instead of worrying about day-to-day operations.
To help you hire quality employees for your business, always perform background screening on your candidates. For reliable background reports, you can consult with an experienced CRA (Consumer Reporting Agency) that has the services you need to fill in your HR gaps. The right partner can help you recruit, integrate your system, perform background screening, drug testing at convenient locations, and provide support throughout the process. Not only can you feel confident that you are bringing the best hire into your company, but you will know that you have done due diligence both legally and ethically for your employees and customers. In addition to accomplishing this at a price that fits your budget, a professional CRA partner pays for itself by avoiding costly hiring mistakes. For more information, contact Genesis Background Screening Services at 866 944-0041 ext 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.genesisbackgroundscreening.com/
Genesis Background Screening is not a law firm and provides our blogs for informational purposes only. These blogs should not be considered as a substitute for experienced legal advice. Any laws or regulations mentioned in our blogs need to be researched by your company and any questions you have need to be answered by your legal counsel to be sure your organization is within the law and compliant with regulations.