Galvanizing Your Employees
There isn’t much on the news right now that gives us confidence in our immediate future. The stock market, inflation, government gridlock, wars and health issues – you name it, we’re worried about it. And if you’re worried about it, so are your employees. This worry can affect employee motivation, retention and engagement.
Most employees already know your company needs to do more with less
Your employees will understand this. They are living it every day in their own lives by paying more for everything. And, while there are many jobs out there going unfilled, there are also companies cutting back on their personnel at the same time. Many people are not feeling secure right now about their professional and financial life.
Your employees will feel more motivated and likely to stay engaged with your company during these difficult times if you help them succeed in their role.
Yes, during these challenging times you may need to tighten your belt. But don’t skimp on the tools your employees need to do their job. Continue to train and invest in the appropriate technology. Don’t cut supplies and staff while expecting everyone to double their workload!
If you can’t afford to give employees increases, there are other ways to reward them that are less costly and easier to budget for than a permanent salary increase
• Spontaneous gift cards are a great way to recognize employees. Team them up with a recognition certificate and celebrate it. Low cost, but greatly appreciated. Investment is affordable and provides measurable positive reinforcement.
• Give your employee some flexible time to help them with work/life balance. This is a welcome perk for many employees that have personal responsibilities that can be overwhelming.
• Sponsor affordable company activities or bring in lunch.
• Write a personal note to the employee telling them how much value they contribute to the company and add a small gift.
• Knowing your employees helps, that way you can recognize them in the way that is most meaningful to them.
Great Hires make the best employees!
When you find the right people for your company, don’t forget to do your due diligence
Use a professional CRA (Consumer Reporting Agency) for your background screening. An experienced CRA will save you time and money while staying in compliance. They will go through all the gathered information and verify that it is accurate.
For a free consultation or more information, contact Genesis Background Screening Services at 866 944-0041 ext 101. Online, you can email or visit www.genesisbackgroundscreening.com. Sign up to be emailed whenever we post a new blog at https://genesisbackgroundscreening.com/blog/
Genesis Background Screening is not a law firm and provides our blogs for informational purposes only. Blog is not a substitute for experienced legal advice. Research laws or regulations mentioned in our blogs. Ask your legal counsel any questions you have to be sure your organization is within the law and compliant with regulations.
Genesis Background Screening Services