Here’s why HR Background Screening has become important to the well-being of your company:
- 75% of employees have stolen at least once from their employer and 37.5% have stolen more than once
- Up to 7% of annual revenues are lost to theft or fraud
- 33% of business bankruptcies have employee theft as a highly contributing factor
- The median amount stolen is $175,000
- 37% of employee thefts are committed by a manager
- 2 years is the average time office fraud lasts before it is detected
- Nearly 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence each year
- Workplace violence ranges from threats and verbal abuse to actual physical assaults and even homicide
- Workplace violence is a leading cause of job-related deaths
How can HR background screening help you?
Your priority is to reduce the risk of violence to your employees and customers while protecting your business assets.
The first line of defense is to do everything possible to prevent violent and dishonest people from getting a foot in your door.
A thorough HR background screening can help you find the most qualified employees, but that isn’t the whole story.
You need to understand how to read the reports and evaluate their accuracy and the relevance to the position for which you are hiring. In addition, your company is responsible for following laws and regulations that change frequently and can be confusing.
Partner with a professional CRA to help make the best hires
CRAs have the HR background screening and related services you need to fill in your HR gaps and can be an economical solution.
An experienced professional CRA partner can provide you with convenient drug testing locations, help you recruit, integrate your system, perform HR background screening, provide education and license verification while supporting you throughout the hiring process.
Feel confident that you are bringing the best hire into your company by having done due diligence both legally and ethically for your employees and customers.
A professional CRA partner pays for itself by using HR background screening to avoid costly hiring mistakes. For a free consultation or more information, contact Genesis Background Screening Services at 866 944-0041 ext 101. Online: email or visit www.genesisbackgroundscreening.com. You can sign up to be emailed whenever we post a new blog at https://genesisbackgroundscreening.com/blog/
Genesis Background Screening is not a law firm and provides our blogs for informational purposes only. Blog is not a substitute for experienced legal advice. Research laws or regulations mentioned in our blogs and ask your legal counsel any questions you have to be sure your organization is within the law and compliant with regulations.
Genesis Background Screening Services
Association of Cert. Fraud Identifiers – Employee Theft Research