Whether your company is large or small, hiring the right candidate makes a big difference to your bottom line by affecting profits, growth, customer satisfaction, safety, employee retention, work processes, and legal compliance. Using professional employment screening services is the first step in the right direction.
Frequently, large companies have the edge with a more comprehensive and professional HR department. They may even have their own employment screening services in-house. However, even in a big company, policy that is out-of-date or inconsistent can create problems. And, in small companies, it is not unusual for personnel duties to be performed by someone that wears several hats and is not necessarily as experienced or knowledgeable to perform employment screening services.
What are the 5 common mistakes when using Employment Screening Services?
- Choosing the wrong service. It is so tempting to take short cuts that you think will save time and money. Don’t. Use a CRA (Consumer Reporting Agency) screening service that is in compliance with the all laws and FCRA regulations. Protect your company, your employees and your candidates
- Keeping incomplete or poor records. Accurate records are important for any possible future litigation that could arise
- Inconsistent background screening. It is important to treat your candidates fairly and consistently per company policy and regulations
- Not educating applicants with their rights and getting their permission before submitting their information to employment screening services
- Not verifying reports and not following up with a pre-adverse action letter for candidates that don’t pass their background check
Don’t be in such a hurry to hire that you skip using professional employment screening services. It is tempting to go the easiest route and hire the first decent applicant you get so that you can move on with running your business. However, hiring the wrong person for the job can be a costly mistake. Skimping on the steps will not save you time or money and can actually create legal problems for you.
In the long run, your investment in hiring the right candidates will pay off. Genesis Background Screening always suggests a thorough background screening to help you make an informed decision.
Partner with a professional CRA to help make the best hires
CRAs have the HR employment screening services and related tools you need to fill in your HR gaps and can be an economical solution.
An experienced professional CRA partner can provide you with convenient drug testing locations, help you recruit, integrate your system, perform HR background screening, provide education and license verification while supporting you throughout the hiring process.
Feel confident that you are bringing the best hire into your company by having done due diligence both legally and ethically for your employees and customers.
A professional CRA partner pays for itself by using HR employment screening services to avoid costly hiring mistakes. For a free consultation or more information, contact Genesis Background Screening Services at 866 944-0041 ext 101. Online: email or visit www.genesisbackgroundscreening.com. You can sign up to be emailed whenever we post a new blog at https://genesisbackgroundscreening.com/blog/
Genesis Background Screening is not a law firm and provides our blogs for informational purposes only. Blog is not a substitute for experienced legal advice. Research laws or regulations mentioned in our blogs and ask your legal counsel any questions you have to be sure your organization is within the law and compliant with regulations.
Genesis Background Screening Services