Jacqueline McClure, Genesis Background Screening Services
Do you know how prevalent workplace theft, fraud and violence is? Check out these statistics:
- 75% of employees have stolen at least once from their employer and 37.5% have stolen more than once
- Up to 7% of annual revenues are lost to theft or fraud
- 33% of business bankruptcies have employee theft as a highly contributing factor
- The median amount stolen is $175,000
- 37% of employee thefts are committed by a manager
- 2 years is the average time office fraud lasts before it is detected
- Nearly 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence each year
- Workplace violence ranges from threats and verbal abuse to actual physical assaults and even homicide
- Workplace violence is a leading cause of job-related deaths
What can you do to reduce the risk of violence to your employees and customers, while protecting your business assets? The first line of defense is to do everything possible to prevent violent and dishonest people from getting a foot in your door in the first place. A thorough background screening can help you find the most qualified employees, but that isn’t the whole story. You need to understand how to read the reports and evaluate their accuracy and the relevance to the position for which you are hiring. Your company is responsible for following laws and regulations that change frequently and can be confusing.
Partnering with a CRA (Consumer Reporting Agency) that has the services you need to fill in your HR gaps can be a very economical solution. The right partner can help you recruit, integrate your system, perform background screening, drug testing at convenient locations, and provide support throughout the process. Not only can you feel confident that you are bringing the best hire into your company, but you will know that you have done due diligence both legally and ethically for your employees and customers. In addition to accomplishing this at a price that fits your budget, a professional CRA partner pays for it self by avoiding costly hiring mistakes. For more information, contact Genesis Background Screening Services at 866 944-0041 ext 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.gbsspro.com
Genesis Background Screening is not a law firm and provides our blogs for informational purposes only. These blogs should not be considered as a substitute for experienced legal advice. Any laws or regulations mentioned in our blogs need to be researched by your company and any questions you have need to be answered by your legal counsel to be sure your organization is within the law and compliant with regulations.
Association of Cert. Fraud Identifiers – Employee Theft Research